WHAT STATE SHOULD THE SYSTEM BE IN TO BE READY TO PERFORM THE RESOLUTION ACTIVITY :
Customer should shut OS down gracefully (using "init 0").
Then, At the OK prompt Type #. (in key sequence) to get into Alom.
Run the following commands from ALOM:
1. setlocator on
WHAT ACTION DOES THE ENGINEER NEED TO TAKE:
1. Shutting System Down.
2. Extending Server to Maintenance Position.
3. Performing Electrostatic Discharge Prevention Measures.
4. Disconnecting Power From Server.
5. Removing Top Cover.
6. Remove system controller from chassis.
7. Locate system controller card.
8. Push down on ejector levers on each side of system controller until card releases from socket.
9. Grasp top corners of card and pull it out of socket. Place system
controller card on antistatic mat.
10. Using a small flat-head screwdriver, carefully pry battery from system controller.
11. Unpackage replacement battery and Press new battery into system controller with positive side facing upward (away from card).
12. Re-install system controller. Holding bottom edge of system controller, carefully align system controller so that each of its contacts is centered on a socket pin. Ensure that system controller is correctly oriented and ejector levers are open. A notch along the bottom of system controller corresponds to a tab on socket. Push firmly and evenly on both ends of system controller until it is firmly seated in socket. You hear a click when ejector levers lock into place.
13. Use ALOM CMT setdate command to set day and time. Use setdate command before you power on host system.
14. Place top front cover on chassis. Slide front top cover forward until it snaps into place, being careful to avoid catching cover on intrusion switch.
15. Position bezel on front of chassis and snap into place.
16. Open fan door. Tighten captive screw to secure front bezel to chassis.
OBTAIN CUSTOMER ACCEPTANCE (this needs to be performed by the field engineer)
At ALOM prompt:
1. setlocator off
2. Use SC setdate command to set ALOM day and time (before you power on host system).
3. poweron -c
At OK prompt:
Note: The ALOM date and Solaris date are not in sync. The Solaris date may not be correct and should be set separately.
1. Boot -s (to avoid any applications being affected by wrong OS date).
2. Use date command to set the correct OS date (optional: init 0, boot -s to verify)
WHAT ACTION DOES THE CUSTOMER NEED TO TAKE TO RETURN THE SYSTEM TO AN OPERATIONAL STATE:
Customer restarts software applications per applicable administration guides to resume system operation.